cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

creo 4.0 / 5.0 best hardware

CTool
5-Regular Member

creo 4.0 / 5.0 best hardware

Hi everyone, i installed CREO 4.0 on machines that were runnging wildfire 3.0 and now we want to buy new workstations. i know the minimum hardware specifications for creo 4 and 5, but what are the best hardware configurations to work with these softwares?

2 REPLIES 2
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:CTool)

Take the PTC specs as an absolute minimum!!!

Fastest CPU clock speed you can justify.

16GB minimum RAM

Solid State drive for your OS and application load point, unless using a network load.

1TB secondary disk for storing files, unless using a network storage location or PDM system.

High end certified OpenGL graphics card, I prefer Nvidia Quadro series cards.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:CTool)

Everything Ben said...plus

Fastest processor speed is still the single most important way to make Creo go faster. There is only been nominal improvements in multi-threaded processing so having multiple cores/processors doesn't do much for Creo but if you are using simulation or other programs, you may still want to consider the addition cores/processors.

If you are working on large assemblies, more RAM...You can test by opening your largest assembly and seeing how much RAM you are using. Our assemblies got to where 16gig wasn't enough for the worst of the worst. We had users who couldn't open them anymore.  Our minimum RAM is now 32gig. 

Top Tags