cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

display_internal_cable_portion

sahrobertson
4-Participant

I'm not sure how the display_internal_cable_portion is supposed to work:

Values: no*, yes
If set to yes, internal cable portions are displayed for wires that have been manually set to yes in the Setup Cable Paths dialog box for each individual splice and custom component.
You can override this option from Cable display settings section, underEntity Display in the PTC Creo Parametric Options dialog box.

Where is the setup Cable Paths dialog box?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I figured it out.  With the network defined with point along the axis of the gland assembly, use components (pull down) / attach to harness, then select the gland component and it will get placed on the flat harness properly.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

That dialog box opens when you add a splice using the Insert Component function.

Dave Martin - dmartin@creowindchill.com - https://www.mcaeconsulting.com

Thanks Dave,  I'm still having trouble with a related problem.  I'm trying to route wires through a cable gland and have the run not split on either side.  I can get it to work with a multi conductor cable, the cable routes through the gland and the individual wires route from an entry port to and entry port and belong to the cable, so when I create the flat harness the gland is attachable and the the wires are treated as continuous runs from entry port to entry port.  

In this cases however i have a multi-hole cable gland (set up with two entries of type round).  I can route from an entry port to one entry of the gland, and then from the other entry of the gland to another entry port, but then I logically have two different conductor runs instead of one that runs through the gland.  

I figured it out.  With the network defined with point along the axis of the gland assembly, use components (pull down) / attach to harness, then select the gland component and it will get placed on the flat harness properly.  

Top Tags