cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

is the EDA file from Scematics to Creo View an open or known format?

BillF
13-Aquamarine

is the EDA file from Scematics to Creo View an open or known format?

Schematics can output a .eda file that Creo View can use.

Can this file be created or viewed by any other software?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

EDA is a PTC CREO file format.  I do not know of any other program that can open it (but you can open it for just viewing with the free version of PTC CREO View).  PTC does offer ways to convert ECAD data to the EDA format with their PTC CREO View ECAD Adapters.  Installing that provides a host of utilities that can convert an electronics design to an IFF format and then to an EDA format.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

EDA is a PTC CREO file format.  I do not know of any other program that can open it (but you can open it for just viewing with the free version of PTC CREO View).  PTC does offer ways to convert ECAD data to the EDA format with their PTC CREO View ECAD Adapters.  Installing that provides a host of utilities that can convert an electronics design to an IFF format and then to an EDA format.

BillF
13-Aquamarine
(To:soundman99)

Unfortunately, the ECAD adapters appear to only work with PCB design software.  I was hoping to find out for harness manufacturing software.

Top Tags