cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

piping line stock in windchill folder

SOLVED

piping line stock in windchill folder

Hi,

I would like to maintain the same piping line stock throughout the company and thought a good place would be to keep it in Windchill. I was able to place it in WCH but "looking" for it in the piping module, I cannot see it in WCH. Any idea on how to get this working? Or is it not possible and do I have to resort to keeping common line stocks in a "normal" server location?

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: piping line stock in windchill folder

Hi,

The directory to the linestock files can be controlled through the config.pro setting "pro_pip_lnstk_dir". The path to the Windchill directory should be some variety of: 

wtpub://<WINDCHILL_NAME>/Libraries/<LIBRARY_NAME>/<ANY_POSSIBLE_SUBFOLDERS>/

Let me know if that solves your issue.

Cheers,

John Piotrowski, Co-Founder & Product Manager
CadActive Technologies - www.cadactive.com
4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

The directory to the linestock files can be controlled through the config.pro setting "pro_pip_lnstk_dir". The path to the Windchill directory should be some variety of: 

wtpub://<WINDCHILL_NAME>/Libraries/<LIBRARY_NAME>/<ANY_POSSIBLE_SUBFOLDERS>/

Let me know if that solves your issue.

Cheers,

Highlighted

Thanks. This config option was set but I still couldn't see the files. 

The solution that I found was that it only works if the linestock is checked in to Windchill via Creo. Then it works fine.

I had previously checked it in using an external browser and also using the desktop integration. That did not give the file the correct file type in Windchill.  

You're welcome! It makes sense it would need to be checked in via Creo's Windchill. I had a similar issue with getting .SPL files for cabling checked-in recently. Any external files like these need to be checked-in via Creo. If you check these files in with the Windchill browser they just come in as a generic Document type.

Cheers,