cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

"Jive SBS" email?!?

JonathanHodgson
11-Garnet

"Jive SBS" email?!?

Morning fellow Pro/Users,

Did anyone else receive an email last week entitled "Jive SBS Updates",
from a blank sender?

It contains a number of lines such as
"You haven't set a status update. Log in and set your status."
"You haven't created any content yet. Log in and get started."

and has a "Popular Content" section which seems to refer to a
Pro/Intralink forum, or similar.

The links all point to

Ricardo plc is a public limited company registered in England with registered number 00222915.
The registered office of Ricardo plc is Shoreham Technical Centre, Shoreham-by Sea, West Sussex, BN43 5FG.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ...

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

I got one as well.  Jive seems to be software for community web sites like the PTC|User forum or the MCAD Central forum.  That's about all I could learn in the few minutes I spent looking.

It looked like spam but the I noticed that there were new topics and they were Pro|E and Intralink related.  Of course the links all went nowhere.

Seemed like either PTC|User or MCAD Central (or ??) are testing a new system and accidentally send an email to everyone in their database.

Doug Schaefer
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Hi Jonathan,
At our work we have just started an internal communal collaborative site that uses Jive SBS as the underlying system. When Groups are made in this site requests can be sent to people either by domain login or by email to join the group. This will give you the sort of message you see. Essentially Jive SBS seems to be used for social networking sites (and in our case used for work purposes).

I have not received such and email myself so cannot answer why some people have received them.

Regards, Brent Drysdale
Regards, Brent Drysdale
Mechanical Designer
Tait Electronics Ltd (www.taitworld.com)
New Zealand
Ph. +64 3 358 1093

Hodgson, Jonathan P wrote:Morning fellow Pro/Users,

Did anyone else receive an email last week entitled "Jive SBS Updates",
from a blank sender?

It contains a number of lines such as
"You haven't set a status update. Log in and set your status."
"You haven't created any content yet. Log in and get started."

and has a "Popular Content" section which seems to refer to a
Pro/Intralink forum, or similar.

The links all point to
CBenner
5-Regular Member
(To:JonathanHodgson)

We both just got these messages here. Not wanting to take any chances we blew them away as quickly as they popped up in our Outlook.

Chris Benner
Designer II
Powell Fabrication & Manufacturing, Inc.
<u>www.powellfab.com
P: 989-681-2158
F: 989-681-5013

Confidential

The information contained in this communication is confidential and may also be subject tolegal privilege(s). This information is only for the limited use of the individual to whom it is intended. If you are the intended recipientyour use...

<u>

</u>
</u>
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite

Yes, I've just received another.

I had one response last time attributing them firmly to PTC:

"I forwarded to our PTC rep and he said it was a misfire from a ptc
server (JIBE is the software they use for integrated business social
network)."

so it shouldn't be anything to worry about (and the links don't work
anyway because they all point to "localhost").

Cheers,
Jonathan
Top Tags