cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Account for stiffness

346gnu
12-Amethyst

Account for stiffness

Hi

I was exporing my earlier preload question and 'Stig's' question.

In Creo 3 we have the useful 'account for stiffness' function for fasteners which saves effort and the need for a calculator.

We get the baseline and final measures but ...

Can we get the s/w to output the preload values it has calculated or ask for fasteners to be automatically updated with these modified preload values?

The values are not in the .res file and in order to run a series of further studies with modified preloads I have to manually calculate and update still.

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
346gnu
12-Amethyst
(To:346gnu)

Hi Steven,

The summary file gives fastener tensions from the baseline analysis (original preload), the 'Base Analysis to scale Fastener Preloads'

then it gives the fastener tensions 'Analysis with scaled Fastener Preloads and External loads'

and if the external loads are zero, the resulting fastener preloads should be the actual desired.

What the log files don't tell me is what I need to manually amend each fastener tension to in the fastener definition dialogue in order to avoid further base analyses.

What I was looking for may be there but I can't find it, 'reuse preloads from analysis XX' or 'auto update input preloads for future analyses' or a config option or analysis definition output tab check box ,,, an ascii list of required/actual input preloads in the .stt file (where I can now get my fastener shear force components), would be a good cross check but would still require a manual update of each fastener.

I know updating the required input preload is a trivial exercise but it introduces potential for error even when cutting an pasting. The alternative is that one extra load case would mean one more base analysis where it is almost certainly quicker to perform the hand calc and manually update the input tensions and only run the analysis with external loads ignoring 'account for stiffness' for all further work.

atb

Charles

Top Tags