cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Change title block information for 1000 drawings

jthakor
3-Visitor

Change title block information for 1000 drawings

Dear Team,

I want to change Title block information for approx. 1000 drawings which includes description, date, drawn by, checked by and other specific details in drawings in Table. All filling information are same in 1000 drawings so it is a repetitive task.

I tried with mapkey but didn't work as I need to select table cell and write in to it.

Can we have any alternate method for such kind of repetitive task? Pl call me or give me contact number for one to one discussion. Need urgent help.

I am using Creo 2.0 M170 build code.

Thanks,

Jitu Thakor

Cell: +91 968 763 1627

4 REPLIES 4
Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:jthakor)

If you are in Windchill, and those are parameters that are designate, you can select them all  and do an:

Edit

Attributes

Then select them all from the window.

mender
6-Contributor

What are you wanting to change here?  How the table is laid out, or are the cells fine, just the text needs changing?  If the latter, are they parameter callouts, or plain text?  Are there other parts of the table that you want to keep as-is and different between the drawings, or can the whole table follow one definition (in this cell, the text "CREATED BY"; in this cell, a callout of the parameter CREATED_BY; etc.)?

bbrejcha
12-Amethyst

In the past it was improper to change title block attributes such as you describe because detail drawings tend to be what goes to court when there is a dispute.  Therefore modifications of this magnitude should not be allowed.  However, I like the windchill solution mentioned above.   -  esp since drawings don't go to court any more the model complete w/ attributes and annotations does.  See ANSI standards 2009 release.

Bart Brejcha

Design-engine.com

prajan
5-Regular Member

Hi Jthakor,

If you got the solution for your question, Please let me know how to change those title block parameters in batch.

Note: I am not using Windchill/other data bases. Let me know how to do it standalone application.

Top Tags