cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Clip deformation

ptc-1121555
4-Participant

Clip deformation

Hello

I am looking for a way to simulate the plastic deformation of the clip by bushing insertion. I tried to find procedures to set constraints and loads, but all didn't work. the clip is a stamped metal and the bushing is solid metal, and I wanted to determine the material based on the simulation result. I attached a simplified model file. Would you please share details of setups to get the deformation?

8 REPLIES 8

Hi, I've attached a compressed file with a little video.
I used Creo 6.
To be quick I used a Quick Check method (polinalials' order 3) and a Medium Accuracy.
For some strange reason I can't be able to obtaion result directly using the step imported in Creo. Results were wrong and the round piece didb't move despite the imposed displacement. I've solved by remaking the peaces directly in Creo with Creo's features.
Bye

Here the same previous thing with Symmetry.
As before also the symmetry constraint didn't work with imported parts but only with the parts built inside Creo.

ptc-1121555
4-Participant
(To:gfraulini)

Hi,

The video file you attached is what I exactly want to perform with different material options to see their max stress level. Thanks for your responses.

Unfortunately, I cannot open the .prt files you sent because my creo version is 5. 

Would you please tell me more details about how to set the constrains or force (or displacement) to make the rod moves down and the clip is deformed correspondingly? I am just started to learn the simulate and not yet very familiar with this. Thanks for helping me in advance. 

Are you interested in the "complete" one or the "with symmetry" one?

ptc-1121555
4-Participant

"complete" would be a better condition. 

Bye

ptc-1121555
4-Participant

It works well! Thank you so much!

I'm very pleased of it! This unlucky quarantine period has given me time to return to the Community...

Top Tags