cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Combine same balloons in merged balloon list

ErikClacey
12-Amethyst

Combine same balloons in merged balloon list

Hi,

In some drawings I create balloons from a repeat table. I've done recursive a few times to reveal all the individual components such that subassemblies get broken into individual parts such that they get a balloon. Using the Merge balloons function I can then "clean up the drawing" by using one leader line, shown below, to indicate what is needed for that position / kit. As you can see, several balloons are repeated (screws and washers for example). Is it possible with some function to merge the repeated ballons in a merge to show a total quantity for that position? So for example in this screenshot, I'd have one balloon showing that there are six "40" parts, one balloon showing that there are six "78" parts etc?

Capture.JPG

Thanls

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:ErikClacey)

Were you trying to post this as a product idea versus a comment? That way users can vote this idea up or down.

Thanks, Dale

Well I was actually wondering if this function exists. If not, then I guess I could make it into a product idea

Erik

The only way I know of doing this is to change the balloon type to "SPLIT" where the Item "#" is in the top portion above the line and the "QTY"  is in the bottom portion below the line.

you can not merge simple balloons

Dave

Top Tags