cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact analysis "command line options"

SOLVED

Re: Contact analysis "command line options"

Thanks a lot!

But, is there a reason for which you have set the environment variable MSE_CONTACT_INTERPENETRATION_TOLERANCE to 0 instead setting it to 1.0E6 as in the example?

If I don't misunderstood it, that value serves to modify the "Residual norm tolerance". Setting it to 0 should ensure much precision, but should lengthen the time...

Furthermore, do you know where I can find more command lines to add at the batch file?

A kind of list where are listed with a description.

For example: how can I explain it "create elements during run" from command line?

To be sure that he will do...

I'm sorry...I've confused "MSE_CONTACT_INTERPENETRATION_TOLERANCE" that you have posted, with "MSE_CONTACT_TOLERANCE_FACTOR" that I posted at the start, and that is commented in the pdf.

Instead MSE_CONTACT_INTERPENETRATION_TOLERANCE what is it? Is it the tolerance on the penetration depth that you control with -contact_penetration command line?

I set this environment variable because I had a problem of convergence on load increment 0. I found this solution in PTC support website.

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS6933&posno=1&q=MSE_CONTACT_INTERPENETRATION_T...

You can find some other command line options in the Pro/E help file by searching "use msengine".

EDIT: "options" and not "potions" as I wrote

Normally, if you set this option during the analysis definition, it will be OK.

I think that these options are stored in the *.xml file which is in the analysis folder set in the batch file (look at "Analysis_name" and "Analysis_folder ").