Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crankshaft analysis with varying loads

SOLVED

Re: Crankshaft analysis with varying loads

That works 1 point at a time.  I have 200+ points.

This is what I did and it worked well.

Are there images not showing in your response?  It would be nice to see what you did.

By 200+ points are you talking about your graph datum for the force magnitude or do you have 200+ analysis measures at 200+ different 3d points you are tracking stress at?

Here are some photos showing the loads and constraints, the graphs and relations and the measures I used.

Highlighted

Here is a procedure to obtain all those 200+ measures in an Excel format.

You will find your measures in a study subfolder as a text file with .g01 extension.

You can open this with notepad to view contents.

The format is not ideal for Excel plotting so it needs to be parsed into a better format.

Here is my parsing method.  Use whatever programming language you prefer, some have built-in reshaping of matrices so that step will be easier.  I see now someone also posted a generic reshape function for MathCAD here.

1. copy and rename the g01 file to have .txt extension

2. import to Excel using space as delimiter.

3. save as xlsx.

4. Use MathCad parser below, Note: uses fully licensed version of MathCad Prime 5

G01_Parser_File.PNGG01 File rename for excelG01 Parser_A.PNGParser part 1G01 Parser_B.PNGParser Part 2

@SweetPeasHub 

pic.JPG

why?

That looks powerful.  I basically did steps 1-3 and then used index functions within excel to accomplish it.  Creo really should be able to output this data in a more useful manner.

@SweetPeasHub

Is it possible to save the parser file so it is compatible with MathCad Prime 4?

My .g01 file is from a sensitivity study.  I have 360 measures for max principal stress on the crankpin fillets for a crankshaft.  The study is measuring this data for every 6 degrees of crankangle rotation.  Would your parser work for this or would it require changes.  

My goal is to create contour maps of the stresses.  I've completed some of it (see photo).  But it's time consuming and Excel has limited capability when it comes to contour plots.  I'd like to find a better way2019-04-30 12_33_12-Microsoft Excel - Sensitivity_Study1a.g01.xlsx.png