cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Creo 4.0 Splash Screen - PTC would like to show your designs to the world.

JimBarrettSmith
14-Alexandrite

Creo 4.0 Splash Screen - PTC would like to show your designs to the world.

Hi everyone

In Creo 4.0 we will have a cycling splash screen.  This means every time you launch Creo you will see a different splash screen.  PTC would like to show rendered images of your designs and provide worldwide advertising for your company.

In the example Creo Parametric splash screen below, you can see the concrete trailer pump is from Jina Park of Nard Co Ltd.

J7589_Creo_Splash_Screen_720x450_Parametric4.0.png

All we require from you is your models and an image of the real product and then PTC with the help of Keyshot we create a beautifully rendered image.

In return for sending us your model's, PTC will provide you with the rendered image for your own marketing material, as well as an image of your product, and your company name on the global stage.

If you would like to take part in this exciting initiative or would like additional information then please contact me.

I look forward to helping you obtain free advertising across the world.

Jim

40 REPLIES 40

... and what's the config option to turn if off?

Dale,

Just so i can better understand your pain, why do you need a config to turn off the splash screen?

thanks

Jim

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:JimBarrettSmith)

I think there's a knee-jerk reaction that this will be another "Resource Center" pop-up that can't be disabled by administrators (without interaction by the user.)

Config.pro option to NOT display the "Resource center" when launching Creo3

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS200439

While I like the idea of showcasing people's work, this really feels like PTC is just copying SolidWorks again...

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:TomU)

Thanks Tom - well said - better than I could have said.

DavorGranic
14-Alexandrite

To be fair other software had this before. SW didn't invent this either.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:DavorGranic)

Looks like Microsoft has been using them since at least 1985.

Dinosaur Sightings: Windows splash screens from 1.01 to 7 2 - Page 2 | ZDNet

DavorGranic
14-Alexandrite
(To:DavorGranic)

I was talking about product filled splash screen, not splash screen itself.

Personally, if I were a small shop with everybody in the same building, I wouldn't mind seeing cool products for other companies when launching Creo.

Being responsible for corporate users around the world, I want to be able to use Splash Screens to communicate with my users.  I especially do not want any marketing thrown at my users.  I also don't want Creo accessing some external site I have no control of and may trip up my internal security applications.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:JoshH)

It cannot access an external site as my production system is not on any network to obtain the images from.

Creo starts up now with NO splash screen, why add the programming just to copy some other company.

I agree with Joahua, If a splash screen is a must, then let me add my company internal information to it to communicate with my users. They don't need any advertising gimmicks, which they will 99% of the time ignore anyway.

JimBarrettSmith
14-Alexandrite
(To:JoshH)

Joshua and those who would like their own splash screen.

With Creo 4.0 (subject to change without notice) you will be able to define your own splash screen and have Creo display it on start up.

You will not be able to have multiple Splash screens

The splash screen can be in a shared location.

The custom splash screen will be a configuration option

Thanks, Jim

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Wow, very nice!  Thank you! 

For "communication" with users we use Creo browser. You can force that it will runs together with Creo through "File -> Options -> Window Settings -> Expand the browser during startup". Then you have great opportunity to communicate anything at anytime to all users easily. Of course, only with those who use Creo actively. The page(s) can be somewhere in your network or at intranet server so there is nothing to do at each machine when you need to change the content.

I think this is a great idea - showcasing Creo in the real world vs. sample designs as the splash screen does now.

Our company is a consultancy, if we were to submit customer data (with their approval, of course), would there be room to credit our customer and us on the splash screen?

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

All

Based on the discussions above I have attempted to address your points below.

• The Resource Center and the Splash Screen are totally unrelated.
  • The purpose of a Splash Screen is to tell the user that the software is starting.
  • The splash screen is only visible for a few seconds and will automatically disappear once Creo has started
  • The Splash screen does not make any calls to any external sites, all the splash screen images will be available under the load point.
  • The purpose of showing customer images is to inspire users and show the diversity of the install base.
  • In the example provided the designer and the product was recognised, it can simply say image courtesy of……. <product name> designed by … etc.  Within reason, we can change the text to suit as every image is unique.

I hope that answers all the questions, thanks, Jim

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Good answers.  Since the images will be in the load point, is there any possibility that we could add our own images (for internal use only), or will these be embedded in some compiled resource file?  Thanks.

dschenken
21-Topaz I

Just fire up a slideshow from creo.bat - or let an AutoIt / AHK task wait for xtop.exe to start and then start up a picture viewer and run it until the main window opens.

I'm frankly surprised at the negative response to this.  Creo already has a splash screen, this just makes it different. 

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Doug has a good point.

I know that as engineering type personalities we all HATE change, but this is relatively small.   I do understand the concerns brought up, and hopefully Jim and PTC will take those into consideration,  but overall, this is a good thing.

-marc

CAD / PLM Systems Manager

TriMark Corporation

So good to see that development time is spent on such a useful part of overall functionality

cprice
6-Contributor
(To:jnelson)

We shouldn't be too critical - maybe that is all the developers are now capable of... you know, low hanging fruit and all....

I expect the chance of getting images onto a competitor's computers would make this more interesting. Maybe include a QR code for the LinkedIn resume of the creator? Possibilities - endless. The mind boggles.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

I just installed Creo Parametric 3.0 M110.  I have to admit, the new splash screen looks pretty sweet.

JoshH
3-Visitor

Reminds me of back in the day of the "PTC Bug" splash screens.

udyna
4-Participant

Hi Jim, referring to https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS135182 we CANNOT change the splash screen image that shows up while launching Creo Parametric 3.0, are you sure this is an enhancement for Creo 4.0 really? If yes, I think this technical article need to update

JimBarrettSmith
14-Alexandrite
(To:udyna)

Hi

Yes we will update the article in due course. 

thanks, Jim

qzhou-2
5-Regular Member

Could you please kindly share me the step how to switch cycling splash screen using my personal pictures? Thank you

JimBarrettSmith
14-Alexandrite
(To:qzhou-2)

Hi when Creo 4.0 is released I will share the details

thanks

Jim

All

As requested I have requested that article https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS135182  is updated with the information below.

From Creo 4.0 FCS you can have Creo launch your own custom splash screen

Set the configuration option splash_screen_image_path  and point to your own custom *.png file

Enjoy

thanks, Jim

You mention png files. Historically gif files were supported ... the article doesn't specifically say what image formats are supported. Is it just png?

Top Tags