cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creo 4.0 Splash Screen - PTC would like to show your designs to the world.

Alexandrite

Creo 4.0 Splash Screen - PTC would like to show your designs to the world.

Hi everyone

In Creo 4.0 we will have a cycling splash screen.  This means every time you launch Creo you will see a different splash screen.  PTC would like to show rendered images of your designs and provide worldwide advertising for your company.

In the example Creo Parametric splash screen below, you can see the concrete trailer pump is from Jina Park of Nard Co Ltd.

J7589_Creo_Splash_Screen_720x450_Parametric4.0.png

All we require from you is your models and an image of the real product and then PTC with the help of Keyshot we create a beautifully rendered image.

In return for sending us your model's, PTC will provide you with the rendered image for your own marketing material, as well as an image of your product, and your company name on the global stage.

If you would like to take part in this exciting initiative or would like additional information then please contact me.

I look forward to helping you obtain free advertising across the world.

Jim

40 REPLIES 40

Re: Creo 4.0 Splash Screen - PTC would like to show your designs to the world.

... and what's the config option to turn if off?

Dale,

Just so i can better understand your pain, why do you need a config to turn off the splash screen?

thanks

Jim

I think there's a knee-jerk reaction that this will be another "Resource Center" pop-up that can't be disabled by administrators (without interaction by the user.)

Config.pro option to NOT display the "Resource center" when launching Creo3

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS200439

While I like the idea of showcasing people's work, this really feels like PTC is just copying SolidWorks again...

Thanks Tom - well said - better than I could have said.

Personally, if I were a small shop with everybody in the same building, I wouldn't mind seeing cool products for other companies when launching Creo.

Being responsible for corporate users around the world, I want to be able to use Splash Screens to communicate with my users.  I especially do not want any marketing thrown at my users.  I also don't want Creo accessing some external site I have no control of and may trip up my internal security applications.

I think this is a great idea - showcasing Creo in the real world vs. sample designs as the splash screen does now.

Our company is a consultancy, if we were to submit customer data (with their approval, of course), would there be room to credit our customer and us on the splash screen?

--
Doug Schaefer | Engineering Manager
Crow Works

It cannot access an external site as my production system is not on any network to obtain the images from.

Creo starts up now with NO splash screen, why add the programming just to copy some other company.

I agree with Joahua, If a splash screen is a must, then let me add my company internal information to it to communicate with my users. They don't need any advertising gimmicks, which they will 99% of the time ignore anyway.

All

Based on the discussions above I have attempted to address your points below.

• The Resource Center and the Splash Screen are totally unrelated.
  • The purpose of a Splash Screen is to tell the user that the software is starting.
  • The splash screen is only visible for a few seconds and will automatically disappear once Creo has started
  • The Splash screen does not make any calls to any external sites, all the splash screen images will be available under the load point.
  • The purpose of showing customer images is to inspire users and show the diversity of the install base.
  • In the example provided the designer and the product was recognised, it can simply say image courtesy of……. <product name> designed by … etc.  Within reason, we can change the text to suit as every image is unique.

I hope that answers all the questions, thanks, Jim

To be fair other software had this before. SW didn't invent this either.