cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Creo 6.0 Can't Open Part from Parametric to Simulate

tbutcher08
4-Participant

Creo 6.0 Can't Open Part from Parametric to Simulate

Trying to update from Creo 5.0 to Creo 6.0. Testing the new software out and we tried opening a part that we have been able to use Simulate for with Creo 5.0, and once you press "Simulate" under the Applications tab, nothing else happens. The part remains in Creo Parametric and doesn't show the Simulation buttons. The text at the lower left of the window says "Part "part_name" not changed since last regen." 

10 REPLIES 10

Hi,

my suggestion ... perform a new clean Creo 6.0 installation (select Parametric, Simulate items) to eliminate the impact of update installation.

Martin Hanák

We performed a clean download from PTC, which included the new 6.0.4.0 update (instead of 6.0.3.0). Install went smooth, updated JRE, and opened up Creo Simulate 6.0.4 and tried to open a part and... nothing. At the bottom left, it says "Welsome to Creo Simulate 6.0.4.0, but when I try to open a part, it sits there and the loading wheel spins for a few seconds and then doesn't do anything else. I can open the Creo Simulate application, however, it won't open a part. And then if I click on "Simulate Results", it says "Creo Simulate is not installed". How can I have the Creo Simulate program running, but not have it installed??

@tbutcher08 wrote:

We performed a clean download from PTC, which included the new 6.0.4.0 update (instead of 6.0.3.0). Install went smooth, updated JRE, and opened up Creo Simulate 6.0.4 and tried to open a part and... nothing. At the bottom left, it says "Welsome to Creo Simulate 6.0.4.0, but when I try to open a part, it sits there and the loading wheel spins for a few seconds and then doesn't do anything else. I can open the Creo Simulate application, however, it won't open a part. And then if I click on "Simulate Results", it says "Creo Simulate is not installed". How can I have the Creo Simulate program running, but not have it installed??

Hi,

try following procedure.

• start Creo Parametric
  • open part
  • activate Applications tab
  • click Simulate button

Martin Hanák

This results in the same outcome. I can open Parametric and create parts and assemblies like normal. However, once I click on the Applications tab and click on Simulate, the mouse loading wheel spins, and then doesn't proceed. It just stays in either the Applications tab or it goes back to the Model tab, saying "Part 'part_name' has not changed since last regen".

@tbutcher08 wrote:

This results in the same outcome. I can open Parametric and create parts and assemblies like normal. However, once I click on the Applications tab and click on Simulate, the mouse loading wheel spins, and then doesn't proceed. It just stays in either the Applications tab or it goes back to the Model tab, saying "Part 'part_name' has not changed since last regen".

Hi,

I installed Creo 6.0.4.0 (Parametric+Simulate, new clean installation). Switching to Simulate mode works well.

The only thing that comes to my mind ... your installation is incorrect/corrupted.

Martin Hanák
feising
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

Is this solved? We get the same problem on one computer. Other computers are working well with the same installation method.

@feising wrote:

Is this solved? We get the same problem on one computer. Other computers are working well with the same installation method.

Hi,

I am afraid that finding solutions is up to you ...

Tip: Try to login as Administrator/another user, start Creo Parametric, open part and test switching to Simulation mode.

Martin Hanák
tbutcher08
4-Participant
(To:feising)

No, it is not solved. I was able to dig up requirements for installation online between Creo 5 and Creo 6 and did find that our PC did not show up in the list in Creo 6 and did show up in the Creo 5 docs. We run an HP Z820 workstation with dual Xeon processors and a Quadro GPU. I don't know why it would matter that it's a Z820 if it had compatible components. And we currently have no way of testing that theory by getting a new workstation PC, but that is our best guess.

Is the PC that isn't working for you guys different than the other workstations?

feising
4-Participant
(To:tbutcher08)

It is solved by our IT department. They have reinstall windows on this PC and now it is working without a problem.

feising
4-Participant
(To:tbutcher08)

Top Tags