cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Creo - Windchill cache

didriek
6-Contributor

Creo - Windchill cache

Question about the Cache....

I have only one workspace (rest is deleted to decrease the cache) but I have our complete project in there: about 5000+ objects

I try from time to time to empty the workspace e reduce object... to reduce the cache

Because, that CACHE is slowing down my performance!

The bigger the cache... the slower my Creo starts up...; can take up minutes!

Updating, synchronising... VERY often it is updated or in sync but I keep on looking at the hourglass... and Creo is stuck, killing the ptc_ie_server.exe process hlped but now I get a Fatal Error when I kill that process

>> updating = looking at the hourglass.. .hoping... giving up & closing session + restarting (what takes minutes due to the cache)

>> synchronizing = same story

>> failed update or sync = same story

>> checking in = same stroy

>> failed check in = same story

>>> wasting a lot of time !

How could this be optimized? As I have only 3.5 gig cache to be honnest, but it is slow slow slow

I've read somewhere the following:

Pro/E functions and the PDM Link functions are now in a single process. There is a new config option that can split these functions into two processes in newer versions of PDM Link and Wildfire so that it behaves like Intralink 3.4 did (one process for Pro, one for Intralink)

But does that help, and yes... how you split that process!

I have like 16 RAM and a quadcore.... but I only thing I'm missing is the sound of an old modem that calls in when communicating with windchill

Maybe I mix it all up, but what I notice is that Windchill and Creo 'think' too much and are SLOW

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
didriek
6-Contributor
(To:didriek)

So no one has cache issues, cache is not causing slow performance? Hard to believe

GregOlson
15-Moonstone
(To:didriek)

Wrong area..try re-posting in the Windchill discussion.

Top Tags