Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creo parametric 5: some tips on mechanism/gear

SOLVED

Re: Creo parametric 5: some tips on mechanism/gear

I'm honest, I've never used gear connections outside the generic-user defined one.
And this because I'm, almost always, interested on studying the system kinematic/dynamic and not the support forces.
So, if I define a gear, I'm interested only on setting the ratio. I've never use bevel gear, and aspecially bevel gear with pitch and diameter ratio definition; but now I see that in this manner you can't specify the pitch circle diameter of the second gear...Maybe it's a bug? But I have the same behaviour both on Creo 3 and 5...

Not a bug, but it would be nice if the icon location followed the gear2 pitch circle rather than the other way around.

For the case of Bevel gear the "Icon location" is used to calculate gear geometry.

case "pitch circle diameter" icon location defines GEAR2 pitch circle and  Bevel Angle

case "user defined" icon location defines GEAR1, GEAR2 pitch circle, and Bevel Angle

The distance from the GEAR1 "icon location" to the GEAR2 axis sets Gear2 pitch circle.

The angle between both gear axis along with gear ratio sets bevel angle.

bevel_warning.JPG

I follow you with interest.

One last question, how do I reverse the direction of rotation of one of the two axes of the  gear motion? re-doing the assembly , it happened to me that the the orizonltal shaft  rotates  on its axis in the opposite direction to the one with which it should rotate, compared to the box .  It is very evident because gear attached to to the horizontal shaft  ,rotates with a direction opposite to its direction of advancement

Flip_Direction.JPGFlip Direction

Highlighted

perfect! thank you very much

Announcements