cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Dependent holes between parts in an assembly

ktenhaken
3-Visitor

Dependent holes between parts in an assembly

Is there a quick and easy way to make holes dependent between parts.  I have tried to copy and past which works decent if the parts have similar geometry but as soon as I try to edit the holes Creo crashes with a fatal error.  Is there another way that works to make the holes dependent without putting the holes in the assembly itself?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

You can make relations between parts to make them alike.

This makes the assembly dependent.

You can also make one or both holes in an assembly cut.

All depends on how quick and dirty you want.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:ktenhaken)

Yes and no.  Are you talking about standard holes (taps, counter bores, etc.)?  Do you want them to simply stay in alignment or stay the exact same size? (When one changes size the other one does to.)

Probably more than you want to read, but take a look at these discussions:

Re: How to place a tapped hole

Using the built-in standard hole features

ktenhaken
3-Visitor
(To:TomU)

I guess what I'm hoping is to have a through hole in one part and a tapped hole of the same size in a part adjacent. 

I'd look at using a skeleton to define the hole locations, perhaps with datum points in a sketch, and pass those locations to each part.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Top Tags