cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Design Intent unclear without causing Geom Check?

Rigoberto13
1-Newbie

Design Intent unclear without causing Geom Check?

Hi, everyone. I work on massive and complex parts and recently ran into some trouble with one of them. Long story short, PTC claimed we had a "Design Intent unclear" warning popping in the file that could be causing our troubles. My understanding is that if this warning occurs, that it should flag a Geom Check? Is it possible for this warning to occur without a Geom Check? (Assuming someone doesn't manually ignore the warning once it's already occurred.) Can anyone prove it more importantly...

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

I've always thought "Design Intent unclear" was a sub-category of the more general "Geometry Check". I've never seen an "unattached" or "isolated" design intent unclear. But, with the continual fiddling about that seems to happen with the program, it might be possible. Seems like a software problem to me, though, regardless of what originally causes it.

Did PTC document this warning in your file for you?  Did they indicate how you were to know about it or remedy it?

A design intent unclear warning should create a geom check, if it doesn't then that's a bug in my mind.  No way to fix a problem you don't know about.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

I don't believe they documented it in their response. I believe our response merely states that the warning existed, though I didn't submit the ticket and don't have the response. (I'm interested to hunt it down though now)

Either way, I'm still curious if this is possible and if anyone can prove it or has some sort of documentation that declares it's not possible.

Top Tags