cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Doubt in appling load using creo simulate

Ragu
5-Regular Member

Doubt in appling load using creo simulate

Hi guys,

This is Ragu from India. I am new to creo simulate. I have a doubt in applying loads on multiple faces while simulating using creo 2.0. I have modeled a flange coupling with 8 holes on a P.C.D of 150. I have selected all the 8 hole surface and applied a load of 500N.

Now the question is, if I do so, whether the software applies the load of 500N to all the 8 holes(i.e for 1st hole, 500N, for 2nd hole, 500N and so on) or it will divide the applied load by 8(i.e 500/8=62.5. For 1st hole 62.5, for 2nd hole 62.5 and so on).

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gfraulini
17-Peridot
(To:Ragu)

The load is equitably divided among the holes surfaces.
If you run a "Review Total load Analysis" you can see that it is 500N, even if you assigned it over multiple surfaces.
Moreover you can see the equitable distribution by running a simple analysis with a force measure over one hole's surface, you can see a value of 62.5 N.

Bye

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
gfraulini
17-Peridot
(To:Ragu)

The load is equitably divided among the holes surfaces.
If you run a "Review Total load Analysis" you can see that it is 500N, even if you assigned it over multiple surfaces.
Moreover you can see the equitable distribution by running a simple analysis with a force measure over one hole's surface, you can see a value of 62.5 N.

Bye

Top Tags