cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Dynamic Analysis Definition Motor

DavidKhan
1-Newbie

Dynamic Analysis Definition Motor

Hi all.

See these pictures and help me to find where might be the problem.I have written the question on the second figure in red.

Note: I have an MDO lisence installed.

Kinametic.JPGDynamic+2.JPG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

David,

A servo motor must run for the entire duration of a dynamic analysis. It works this way because the dynamic analysis would offer added DOFs if you were to shut-off the prescribed motion of any joint. This would let the mechanism operate based on existing inertia - it forces you to make sure you know how all DOFs are operating that you wish to control absolute position. If you wish to vary the start & stop times, you must create a user defined motor that runs from an equation or table that has segments of the total time when the value is zero. Force motors can be defined with start & stop times.

I hope this helps,

Chris

Thanks chris

when i run one motor only e.g The S_base then it runs in dynamic analysis but simulataneously they all dosent run.These motors are constant velocity motors.I am trying to run the servo motors through table for a specific segment of time then i will tell u the progress.

The motor i have defined are motion axis servo motor and i have come to know that are active for the entire duration in dynamic analysis so that is why they are not edited.ok i got it clear now.

Thaks

Top Tags