cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Mechanism Analysis without Intertia

SOLVED
Highlighted

Re: Dynamic Mechanism Analysis without Intertia

maybe.....    Check if when you right click on the motion analysis feature and choose Parameters, that the measures you are looking for are shown.  I think there might be a bug because when I first did this it did not create the parameters but after trying a few times, now it seems to always make them....

...after some tries... I think I found a bug that happens when the motion analysis is first created and No parameters highlighted in the dialog. (see highlighted below)  Try re-creating the motion analysis and be sure to select some parameters.  Then afterward check in model tree the right-click - parameters to see them.

Invalid also occurs if the joint or reference the measure used is missing in mechanism, or not valid for the type of analysis.  When I hit run for this dialog charts pop up live for the measures selected.

MotionDialog4.PNG

Re: Dynamic Mechanism Analysis without Intertia

Thanks again for the help.

I'm fairly confident I've got everything set up correctly.  When I run the motion analysis, results for min and max values as well as a plot of values vs time generates.  It is only when I go to an optimization or objective design study where I have an issue. 

This is the screen shot of the 'invalid' error I am getting. I've tried rebuilding by model to simplify the outputs to no avail.  I think I may just be pushing the software past its design.  

Snap5.jpg