cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Exporting MDO measures to Excel?

EPeters_PE
9-Granite

Exporting MDO measures to Excel?

After an MDO run sometimes my measures go right into excel no problem... The next run they may not....

Is there limits on the number of data points or any other controls that need to be modified or limited?

The data sets are in the 38k range for a model I have that is running for 0.002 seconds, collecting 500 frames
2 REPLIES 2

ok suddenly started working again... 

Found another work around... 

IF you have a complex MDO run the time domain may run short enough that you will end up with GIGANTIC data sets, and then they will not import into Excel directly out of MDO... 

There seems to be an issue between MicroSoft and MDO's export, from best I can get if you have some where over 36k output data points to plot it is a no go... 

BUT...

You can write from the graph function in MDO to a Text file, that comes out with the extension..

<your file name>.grt

JUST CHANGE THE EXTENSION to ... <your file name>.xls and open with Excel, no graph but at least you have the data.  I just cut / paste into a workbook I keep filling in as I make iteration of the design.

Downside is you can only export one measure at a time with this method.

Top Tags