cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Extract stress range from several load sets....

mlindqvist
1-Newbie

Extract stress range from several load sets....

Colleagues,

I have uploaded a Matlab - script that calculates the stress range (Smax-Smin) at all h-nodes in Creo Simulate, for several different load sets. In my case there was a rotating load; I created 12 load sets with 30 degree's pitch.

The script takes the maximum of the maximum principal stress in each node, for all load sets, minus the minimum of the min principal stress for that node, for all load sets. I.e. the stress range that each node feels as the load rotates. This can otherwise be a tedious job - to identify for which load set that we get the max principal, and then look through all of the other load sets to find the minimum principal stress for that point.

It currently works for shell models, I have not verified that it works for solid models.I think that the solid element stress results are reported at different matrix locations as described by PTC's support documents for ASCII result files...

Feel free to use it as you please...

Best regards, Mats L

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

While writing this script I came across a bug in the software. Some elements, it seems beams, generate a 7x6 matrix with stress results for each h-node. The support documentation suggests that this should always be a 9x6 matrix. I managed to solve this but the problem has now been given SPR-status.

Top Tags