cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Fatal Error - Traceback log

EvanK
1-Newbie

Fatal Error - Traceback log

Hi All,

There have been a few threads on this topic with no real resolution. I am running Creo 2.0 datecode M030 on a W7 system. Lately, I've encountered the dreaded Fatal Error - traceback log yada yada yada. It seem to only happen when I open and assembly - part files seem to work fine. I heard something about switching to 32-bit mode or something. I'd like to try that but don't know how to go about it. Can anyone help me out on this? Thanks,

Evan

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:EvanK)

This is a default for all hard crashes that PTC cannot explain. I get all the time when working with a new function and the system just trips up. I've reported it before but there is little they can do without a repeatable error.

Having said that, I've also had a corrupted file continuously crash with a fatal error. it was a part file with a few images placed on datum planes for an underlay. The file got confused as to what image was what and until I removed all these (back-tracked), that part and anything that used it was unusable.

Since you are having problems only in assemblies, either your start assembly part is corrupt or a file you are consistently inserting into your assembly is corrupt but works on its own, but not in the assembly.

PTC does take hard crashes very seriously. If you can reproduce it and provide a support case along with the files, they will look into it. But the crashlog and all the associated files does them little good. I had a support tech tell me as much. Sometimes a Trail file will help, but even then, they are often random occurrences.

The thing you were referring to is changing the OpenGL graphics support to GDI_32 (or whatever) in config.pro. It is -not- a solution as your overall graphics performance would suffer. This is the case when the graphics driver and hardware are not supported by PTC and Creo and the OpenGL simply fouls the plumbing and causes crashes. But this would be from day one... not something that just start getting worse.

llie
16-Pearl

Evan,

I experience the Traceback Error on my machince because I am busy testing different different builds of Creo and still need to run Pro/E WF4. I have found that on my machine it is do to multiple builds of Creo Platform.

I noticed 5 different builds in my Control Panel/Programs. After removing all of the older builds, the errors have stopped.

This is my issue and resolution.

EvanK
1-Newbie
(To:llie)

Thanks for the responses. I have sent them files that I thought were corrupt, but they couldn't reproduce the crash.

ptc-408694 - that's and interesting thought. I do have Creo 2.0 (M030) as well as Elements/WF5 (M170). I don't remember if I installed Elements because 2.0 was crashing, or the crashing happened after I installed Elements. I will try and figure that out

Evan

DHLewis
11-Garnet

Evan,

Creo 2 M030 is notorious for Crashing Try installing and repeating your issue in M090 instead.

Top Tags