cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Feature Flip normal?

pnos
6-Contributor

Feature Flip normal?

Hi, I would like to ask what it is in Creo function FLIP NORMAL?Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:pnos)

Back in the old days of surfaces with normals only on one side, if it was facing away from the viewer, the surface was invisible. I think now that it's more used for determining toolpaths, etc.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:pnos)

To expand on that, in the old days, surfaces usually were single-sided (only one normal), so you had the issues with holes if the normals were wrong. Now, it seems almost all surfaces are double-sided, with exceptions I've seen being STEP or other imported files that have holes.

Top Tags