cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force to close a

Alexandrite

Force to close a

Goodmorning,

I have a following question: Is it possibile investigate with Creo Simulate the value of the force in order to "close"

the purple solid against the Yellow solid.I need a non-linear analisys, right?

Thank you for your help

20 REPLIES 20

Re: Force to close a

Yes you want non-linear.  Large Deformation and possibly Elasto-plastic material

Here is the difference in small displacement and Large displacement (small on left)

Bendy1.JPG

Here is how you do the 1.4mm deflection

Bency_enforced_displacement.JPG

Here is how you prevent infinite stress at the edge constraint... with a small region made rigid.

Bendy_rigid_region.JPG

Here is the measure used to obtain the force.

Bendy_reaction_Force.JPG

Here are the Analysis definitions.  If using elasto-plastic material then Plasticity will have a check mark.

Bendy_Analysis_Def1.JPG

Bendy_Analysis_Def2.JPG

Plotting the measure vs. time

Bendy_graph_Force.JPG

Final results.  If stress is above yield then you should use ELASTO-PLASTIC material.  Nonlinear material + non-linear geometry.  Otherwise force is generally predicted too high.  

Bendy_result.JPG

Confirmation?  Run this model with found force (48N in this case) in X direction as a load in place of the enforced displacement.  Confirm max displacement about 1.4mm in X direction.

BONUS - I used a Mapped Mesh (not totally necessary but results are so smooooth!)

Bendy_Bonus_Mapped_Mesh.JPGBendy_Bonus_Mapped_Mesh2.JPG

Thank you for a good response

but I'm not able to open the file.....

That is why I had all the details... because not everyone is using the same version.

pressure_opt.jpg

Highlighted

But for Use "ELASTOPLASTIC" material is correct this?

Yes.

Use creo help to understand elastoplastic in Creo.

Link to help

Simulate said me that costraint and rigid link on surface region to prevent infinity stress is incompatible...

This is OK.  It is a warning, not an error.  Only use caution when this message appears because you may be asking the model to do two different things at same time.

What You do in your model? You used the same way or an other?

Announcements