cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

GENEVA Mechanism

dbodar
1-Newbie

GENEVA Mechanism

I want to make "GENEVA Mechanism" in Creo 2.0... so plz help me which type of constrain i use for that...????

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dbodar
1-Newbie
(To:dbodar)

Its done by CAM Mechanism....

In that you must have to define the LIFTOFF...

Value of Liftoff is 0.10

if I take 0.5 than interset are occured. Video Link : 5026

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
jsarkar
1-Newbie

Welcome to this forum,

slot follower mechansim can be appliead definitely by predifing the motion curve and point. I am trying to explore the other methods, please let us know if you can explore new method too. Its a nice mechansim.

Regards,

Jayanta Sarkar

I am wondering if you have to mimic this action with a custom servo motor profile.

dbodar
1-Newbie

Its done by CAM Mechanism....

In that you must have to define the LIFTOFF...

Value of Liftoff is 0.10

if I take 0.5 than interset are occured. Video Link : 5026

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Nice solution!

How did you figure out the cam profile?

dbodar
1-Newbie

If I used 3D contact

than prob occured as shown in video

in this i done dynamic analysis

Video Link : 5031

Here's a different approach. I did what Tom suggested and used a servo for drive and driven wheels. The driven wheel's motion is defined by tabular data, but it's very accurate.

Always wanted to model a spherical geneva drive. Fun stuff.

Video Link : 5028

Beautiful, Andrew!

Wow, I second that, really nice piece of work Andrew! Might look interesting with another semi-sphere on top of that.

Why not double up the holding power too!

Video Link : 5036

I wonder if anyone has ever designed a hypoid-style geneva machanism before. You know, nonintersecting, nonparallel shafts.

That's way cool!!!

dbodar
1-Newbie

Can give me to dimension of sperical gevena drive...

or any internet link for dimension...???

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Any size you want. A little thought will tell you want has to be done to make the geometry.

Essentially, it is a conical boss (optional) and a pin at 45 degrees from the boss. So the slot has to be 45 degrees vertically as well.

Andrew, can you post the graph for the servo definition you used?

Models are attached. The data points for the 1st and second driven wheels are attached also.

Here's a segment of the first driven wheel's servo motor profile. The drive wheel just has a constant velocity of 360 deg./sec.

I half derived the equation of motion for the driven wheel, but the third dimension really complicated it. I ended up just indexing the drive wheel and measured the angles directly.

Driven_Motion_Plot.jpg

Thanks Andrew. I was thinking it was a straight forward 90 degree cosine with a "rest period".

That one can be programmed fairly easily in the user defined table as well. But only if the input shaft is constant!

I suspect a cam link would be the right way to do this so it could be linked to the input. I haven't done cams yet. This may prove interesting. This would allow for varying input curves.

Okay, one could hope. Not exactly a pure cosine curve.

Hi Deapk,

It seems like you might have this resolved. If one of the user posts was correct, please mark the post as "Correct Answer."

Top Tags