cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How to calculate square footage

ChrisVanHoeck
1-Newbie

How to calculate square footage

I need to figure out square footage of an oddly shaped component. Is their a function that will do this for me in Creo 2.0?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

You can measure the area of anything. Not sure what "square footage" means as "foot" is not a typical engineering unit.

What do you mean by "function?"

If you need something more than Analysis - Measure - Area gives, please describe your problem in more details.

You can also simply change the measurement units, instead of changing the model units.  (At least, in Creo 2 you can.)

Open the options dialog:

Change the units:

Voilà!

HTH

dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:JLG)

Nothing I like better than an icon that can't possibly represent what a single word would do; but then it makes internationalization easy by not having to do so, except for the tool-tip. Oh, wait ...

Top Tags