cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How to create a bendable model?

ptc-4401544
1-Newbie

How to create a bendable model?

I have a "tab" that needs to be bent around several features on different models so that I can check for clearance, sufficient tab length, etc. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to approach this... Is there any function that allows me to turn this solid model into a "flexible" one that I could just drag and bend with the click of a mouse?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Hi Pum...

You can certaily bend your tab using the same kind of features we're using to bend the "jelly roll" in the other thread. You can bend a tab using a spinal bend. You can also bend it using the Warp tools. With any of these options you have to be careful about applying them in a way that doesn't stretch or shrink the geometry.

Can you make a quick sketch of the kind of bends you're envisioning so we can make a quick example?

Thanks!

-Brian

Top Tags