cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

How to use "if" function in relation of parameter.

NitinSheladiya
1-Newbie

How to use "if" function in relation of parameter.

Dear PTC,

I make spring model & it's drawing.It's all dimensional parameter are joined by relation.

But in relation, i want to use "if" function for spring wire guage. so, how i can use "if"

function. please reply.

thanks,

Nitin Sheladiya

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Nitin see picture

conditional.JPG

KiranJ.
1-Newbie
(To:GT2014)

Picture given by Graham explains very well.

In addition to that, conditions starts with 'IF' and should end with 'ENDIF' otherwise relation fails. when you use 'IF' multiple times in one condition, you also have to use 'ENDIF' same no. of times. otherwise your relation will fail.

Like, if OD = ID

if OD > ID

R=1

endif

endif

I would recommend using ELSE statement since mostly it calls for original parameters. If condition doesnt work, then 'ELSE' statement calls the original parameters/condition.

R=2

if OD > ID

R=1

else,

R=2 (original value)

endif

hope this helps you.

Top Tags