cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

I would like to simulate gear contact by simulate using gear mechanism data created with MDO

ykimura
8-Gravel

I would like to simulate gear contact by simulate using gear mechanism data created with MDO

Hello everyone
I am not good at English, so I'm sorry if it was a funny translation.

I asked a question on how to check the gear mechanism with MDO and it was able to run.
However, since MDO can not confirm the stress analysis (contact analysis?) Of the gear, I think that we will check the stress of the gear with Simulate by diverting MDO data, but since it is not detailed in the analysis, the definition method is well understood not.
I will attach a reference file.

Could you tell me the definition method to check the force generated during gear drive?
Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
gfraulini
17-Peridot
(To:ykimura)

Sorry but I'm not at work and I haven't Creo on my laptop, therefore I can't see the attached files.
In my opinion, by speaking about gears, you could just don't use FEM but utilize an analitical procedure you can find over a mechanical constructions book.
If you need FEM just for exercise or something, you can run a contact analysis (non linear analysis = long time) or a linear analysis with just one gear; you could define a surface region (in according with Hertz pression to define the width of the surface over the tooth) and place there the force.

Thanks for the advice.
About the reaction force of the gear, it is helpful to have a sample using simulate and a reference example if you have it.

sigma_vm.JPG

ykimura
8-Gravel
(To:skunks)

Thank you for attaching the sample data.
I would like to verify by referring to the received data.
Thank you very much.

Top Tags