cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Is “study.c##” a more friendly version file of “study.res” for LDA simulation results?

rrabe
8-Gravel

Is “study.c##” a more friendly version file of “study.res” for LDA simulation results?

I have to analyse a big amount of output simulation data and working with the results in excel (or another program) would be very helpful.

Ok, “study.res” file has been always there, and I found a topic that says that this is “the file” to import as it contains all results after each step.

Basically, I have an LDA analysis with 5 steps outputs. I choose advances SPA convergence. Simulate creates 2 passes to solve the simulation. The “.res” file shows for each step two blocks of results – this for pass 1 and for pass 2.

I understand that if I want to analyse the final result after each step I should focus only on the pass 2 results. _ What I don´t get is why there are two blocks of results for each step. Anyway…

Therefore, what is needed is scrip that only reads the 2nd block after each pass. Not so user friendly but it is an option.

But there is the “study.c##” file that seems exactly what I would need. I don´t know if it is available at long time in Creo Simulate.

Creo describes it as:  “Contains plotting data for contact analysis. Creo Simulate reports values of measures at each load increment. The two pound signs (##) represent the load set or mode number in two-digit format.”

Indeed, I have contact in my simulation -but if I´m running LDA without contact and steps output this file still exists.

I found an old topic in the forum that people already had some complain that the .res file do not have the best format and is not so user friendly to read (and to import) - I agree. Perhaps the “study.c##” is the solution.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags