cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Link LabVIEW sotware to creo machanism

Thoppil
1-Newbie

Link LabVIEW sotware to creo machanism

Is there any provision to take creo mechanism input (rotation, translation, load..) from the LabVIEW simulation software. If so please provide the creo tutorial for making the connection.

2 REPLIES 2

This is a off-the-wall guess...

Pro|Program(?)

Pro/Program primarily automates the Model tree though it can also include relations as well.

National Instruments has a module specifically for interfacing with Solidworks -  NI SoftMotion for SolidWorks, however the only info I can find for it indicates this was only for NI Softmotion 2009 running on NI LabVIEW 2009.

There are later versions of Softmotion, but I see no references to later versions of the interface to SolidWorks.

It's probably a dead end, but maybe a call to National Instruments would get better feedback on how they manage outputs in a way that could be used with Creo.

Edit:

This is a link to a post in which NI indicates they had no interest in this for any other CAD system and it took them 3.5 years to develop: http://blog.dasisolutions.com/2009/10/19/virtual-prototyping-comes-to-mechatronics-design-with-event-based-simulation/ I guess that explains why they never updated it either.

Top Tags