cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Load increment results

JonathanHodgson
11-Garnet

Load increment results

My stupid question for a Monday morning: if I configure a contact analysis to run with multiple load increments, how do I view results for the intermediate ones?

Thanks!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Charles.

Yes, 'full results' is greyed, but I've yet to find how to graph measures across load intervals either - Display Type "Graph" only allows me to choose "Curve". Measures would suit me fine for the current purpose.

... and I've just found it - the option to graph against "Load Interval" only appears after you select Measure as the thing to graph.

Dratted context-sensitive everything...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Jon,

As I remember, 'full results' is greyed out in the Analysis Def'n form in WF4&5 for any step except the final step. And there's nowhere in the post processor to select fringes from an intermediate load step.

... and now I have just confused myself by animating a contact pressure plot with 20 frames where there was only loadsteps 0 and 1. The pressure are not linear and yet it animates.

I thought for contact, it only animated the loadsteps that had been defined, (usually 2 frames, zero and 1). This was because results animation linearly divides the quantity to be displayed by the number of frames (my understanding).

It is possible to graph measure against loadstep. Would it be meaningful to check the measure value at the desired loadstep and then create an animation and estimate the appropriate frame in the animated window?

I must've missed something too.

I do have a vague memory regarding getting different results if using a single versus smaller load increments if the contacting surfaces move. I am not sure what the state of play of this is.

Time steps in Creo would permit viewing results at a particular load.

Ho ho ho

Thanks Charles.

Yes, 'full results' is greyed, but I've yet to find how to graph measures across load intervals either - Display Type "Graph" only allows me to choose "Curve". Measures would suit me fine for the current purpose.

... and I've just found it - the option to graph against "Load Interval" only appears after you select Measure as the thing to graph.

Dratted context-sensitive everything...

Top Tags