cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Material definition

fstopelli-2
14-Alexandrite

Material definition

Hello,

Can You Help Me How to use these parameters?

These data are used to analize the model?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:fstopelli-2)

Can you give us a little more information on what you mean and what material information you need?

The material files (.mtl) are just text files formatted in a certain way that Creo understands. They contain naming and mass property information relative to a material. The system comes with some preinstalled files. By default, there is no material assigned to a part file.

fstopelli-2
14-Alexandrite
(To:BenLoosli)

Hello BenLoosli,

I don't understand How to complete the requested data:

-> "Durezza" (Hardness): the value? For example: 52 HRC, I have to write 52

-> "Tipo di durezza" (Hardness Type): the unit of measure? Brinel, Vickers, Rockwell

-> "Condizione" (Condition): I don't understand what it means

The last question is how  the software used all these parameter

Thank you 

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:fstopelli-2)

Those fields are optional, not mandatory. I am not aware of how the software uses them but they are not used by any of the core modeling or simulation functionality.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Chris3)

Material name fields and density are the only ones that are used by the core Creo application.

PTC added the other fields back in the Wildfire days and have never done anything with them. I can see if you had a hardness that it would affect the results of a Mechanica analysis, but PTC has not linked all of that data together, that I am aware of.

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:BenLoosli)

Just to be clear - all of the fields on the structural and thermal tabs are used by Simulate depending on the type of analysis you are running.

Top Tags