cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Method of debugging a simulation

bafoster84
11-Garnet

Method of debugging a simulation

Hello,

I am currently trying to run a static simulation inside Creo Simulate, but it fails to run with no indication as to why (See image). I am unsure about how to go about debugging the simulation (i.e. locations and names of error files). Any assistance would be welcomed.

run_fail.jpg

PS

I am normally an ANSYS user.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Normally all the errors and information is in that dialog.  The left side is diagnostic and you can click on errors and highlight them in the model.  Check the Log and checkpoint tabs for further information.  This same information is stored in .rpt  .stt and .pas files that you can open with a text editor.  Those files are typically in a subfolder of your workling directory with the analysis name.

You also need to check for a "msengine" process on the solver machine using windows task manager.  If that is running then the analysis has not failed.  Fairly often Creo incorrectly shows an analysis as failed when it is actually still running.  Hopefully that is the case, otherwise it appears you have a crash, which is different then a model that fails/errors out and may be more difficult to trace down.  You may need to share the model files.  If needed that can be done privately (to me for example) to avoid overexposure, by sending a private message.

Welcome to the Creo Simulate community!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Normally all the errors and information is in that dialog.  The left side is diagnostic and you can click on errors and highlight them in the model.  Check the Log and checkpoint tabs for further information.  This same information is stored in .rpt  .stt and .pas files that you can open with a text editor.  Those files are typically in a subfolder of your workling directory with the analysis name.

You also need to check for a "msengine" process on the solver machine using windows task manager.  If that is running then the analysis has not failed.  Fairly often Creo incorrectly shows an analysis as failed when it is actually still running.  Hopefully that is the case, otherwise it appears you have a crash, which is different then a model that fails/errors out and may be more difficult to trace down.  You may need to share the model files.  If needed that can be done privately (to me for example) to avoid overexposure, by sending a private message.

Welcome to the Creo Simulate community!

Top Tags