cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

ModelCHECK capabilities?

cying
10-Marble

ModelCHECK capabilities?

We are moving from Windchill 9.1 to Windchill 11 and at the same time we upgrading from WF 5  to CREO 4.

With our new instance of Windchill, there are many restricted parameters which we will need to add to our legacy components.  I know ModelCHECK can check for missing param and allow the user to add it to the model.  However, this is what I want to accomplish with Modelcheck:

1. Check for missing restricted parameters.

2. Allow the user to add the restricted using the same pulldown menu using the Interactive mode

3. Designate the parameters 

Advance function, using the same scheme above  except instead of interactive the user can run it in batch mode and select a default value for each restricted parameter.

40 REPLIES 40
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:cying)

ModelCHECK can add parameters but there is nothing like restricted parameters. In such case you can use external list file for possible values. Add that list file in respective start file, ModelCHECK will provide you a pull down for possible values on adding parameter. Same can be designated by adding PDM as value.

Hi Mahesh,

I'm trying add parameter for the Engineered by like the below format for my start file also added standard engineers list as well. But when I try to run the model check it is asking me to add the engineered by radio button alone not showing the test box and also not giving listed engineers dropdown list. Can you suggest me?

PRT_PARAMETER ENGINEERED_BY STR EQ LIST_ENGINEERS

I tried in an other way like at least if I could able to add the parameter manual entry but still there is some issue. 

PRT_PARAMETER ENGINEERED_BY STR EQ *test*

PRT_PARAMETER DRAWN_BY STR EQ *test*

PRT_PARAMETER CHECKED_BY STR EQ *test*

PRT_PARAMETER PROJECT MNGR_BY STR EQ *test*

I am not able to add the parameters and suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Naidu

@ptc-4779205

Text file name for Engineers name list needs to be ENGINEERS.txt as you are calling the same in LIST_ENGINEERS.

Syntax seems correct just set the value to * not *test*. Possibly that will work. 

PRT_PARAMETER ENGINEERED_BY STR EQ *

Also check PARAMCHK in check file, it needs to be Y

Hello All,

I tried the same way but still it is not Capture_check.gifCapture-start.PNGCreo_mc.JPGworking, see my attached settings.

@ptc-4779205

Set paramcheck to E or W. Value Y is to check only it will display the results in information.

Yes, I tried the same, Not sure why it is not working.Capture1.JPGCapture2.JPGCapture3.JPGCapture4.JPG

@ptc-4779205

Do you have models in MM unit and are you customizing correct set of modelcheck files? If you are in maintenance, you may submit a case for tech support..

PRT_PARAMETER ENGINEERED_BY STR EQ LIST_ENGINEERS

You need to create the list under the <model_check>/config/text

LIST_ENGINEERS   ß FILENAME

LIST_ENGINEER JOHN SMITH

LIST_ENGINEER JOE DOE

LIST_ENGINEER JANE DOE

LIST_ENGINEER MIKE SMITH

LIST_ENGINEER DONALD DUCK

ptc-4779205
12-Amethyst

Hi,

If give the PRT_PARAMETER ENGINEERED_BY STR EQ LIST_ENGINEERS it is working well.

But my team suggested that we can't prepare the list as we have numerus engineers and we can't list them all.

So we are trying to add Manual

Thanks,

Naidu

Yes, I tried for Layers and Datum set configurations it worked well.

But regarding parameters I'm facing issue. My models is in MM unit as shown in below snap. 

If I set the drawn_by NEQ*, it showing error stating to add the parameters but after adding the parameters still the flag is showing. here is my example.Capture6.JPGCapture7.JPGCapture8.JPG

@ptc-4779205

Can you share your ModelCHECK folder? 

Pls find the attached zip file.

@ptc-4779205

Try restart of Creo.. 

The unit is driven by the CONDITION.MCC  I basically use the same config for both INCH/MM units

SNAG-046.jpg

The unit is driven by the CONDITION.MCC  I basically use the same config for both INCH/MM units

SNAG-046.jpg

ptc-4779205
12-Amethyst

yes, I am using the same condition file .

Capture9.JPG

If you don't want to use the list you can prompt the users to add a name:

It'll check to make sure there's a value or you'll get an error.

PRT_PARAMETER ENGINEERED_BY STR NEQ NULL

ptc-4779205
12-Amethyst

If I use the Syntex DRAWNBY instead of DRAWN_BY, it is working as shown in the below snaps. when I put *_" it is having some issue. 

me why the _Capture10.JPGCapture11.JPG

As long as the parameter value matches it should work.  Does not matter if you use "_" or not.

@ptc-4779205

Your files are working for me (Creo 4.0)

Check attached image.. 

Ya, It's strange. Anything wrong with my condition file? Can you share your .inti & condition file? I will check it once

@ptc-4779205

condition file attached  (change extension to mcc)... I was using your INIT file

Okay, Let me try with this..Thanks a lot for your time

@ptc-4779205

Did you restarted your Creo? Still if it fails you may submit a ticket for tech support. 

AND try creating a new model in mm unit and test. 

Sure..I'm trying now. Will update you the status

ptc-4779205
12-Amethyst

@cying@Mahesh_Sharma
If I set the parameters like this it is working  fine.

PRT_PARAMETER ENGINEERED_BY STR NEQ NULL

Thanks for your all help and I have an other question regarding drawing format. Sorry for continuing in the same post I have opened new post but there were no responses.

1) we have a drawing format  which is sheet 1 contains all the notes info, Exploded view info and in title block is having parameters information like drawn by, engineered by, Description..etc . Coming to sheet 2 It has the description and revision info alone in the title block andin the body of the template contains general view and dimension information.

Here I have added my standard format name to start file and tested against unstandardized formats. When I run the model check it is showing error as wrong format in modelcheck window it is asking me to add the start file standard listed formats and it is working fine for replacing with company standard format sheet1 alone . In Sheet 2 also it replacing with sheet 1 any suggestions how to fix the issue? we don't have 2 separate formats for sheet 1 & sheet2 with in the standard format it was defined separately. Hope you understand my question. 

2) Is there any option to check the blanked models in the assembly drawing?

I mean we have assembly drawing in the drawing views few items/components we made it blank/don't want to show in our drawing. Is there any way to find the blanked components?

Thanks,

Naidu

For our modelcheck, we can check for a list of "approved" formats.  If you are using a format not in the list then you'll be prompt to replace the format.  Typically the format will have a sheet 1 and sheet 2 for all add'l sheets. The auto replace format did not work for me so we will have to do this manually. 

Modelcheck also checks for unused model in the drawing.  Which comes in handy for working with Windchill and the dataset.  I don't think there's a check for blanked components.  As long as it is part of the assembly, that's the designer's intend so I am not checking for this.

@ptc-4779205

- No option for Blank components.

-  For drawing Format, error/Warning will list all sheet formats, select required one and select appropriate format to apply. It will not apply to all sheets.  

Hi Mahesh,

One more question regarding the drawing format relations. In the drawing some one is deleted the format relations. Does modelcheck investigate those broken relations?

EX: 

&PTC_WM_REVISION

&PTC_WM_VERISION

&PART_NUM

&DWG_NUM

Thanks again,

Naidu

Top Tags