cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

ModelCHECK capabilities?

cying
10-Marble

ModelCHECK capabilities?

We are moving from Windchill 9.1 to Windchill 11 and at the same time we upgrading from WF 5  to CREO 4.

With our new instance of Windchill, there are many restricted parameters which we will need to add to our legacy components.  I know ModelCHECK can check for missing param and allow the user to add it to the model.  However, this is what I want to accomplish with Modelcheck:

1. Check for missing restricted parameters.

2. Allow the user to add the restricted using the same pulldown menu using the Interactive mode

3. Designate the parameters 

Advance function, using the same scheme above  except instead of interactive the user can run it in batch mode and select a default value for each restricted parameter.

40 REPLIES 40

I don't know if ModelCHECK can detect a missing parameter on the drawing format.   I am not performing this kind of check, however it is interesting especially for &PTC_WM_REVISION

ptc-4779205
12-Amethyst
(To:cying)

Ya, This question comes up from Manager and he is asking me to check this.

@ptc-4779205

There are not much options for drawing format. 

Relations for drawings are not available in ModelCHECK 

That's correct.  I heard CREO 5 the modelcheck will be enhanced dramatically but I am not sure if this is true or not.  The functionalities have not changed in a very long time.  

ptc-4779205
12-Amethyst

Okay..Thanks for all your responses. Appreciate your help.

Hi,

I have some basic question, when I run the model check for drawing I am getting message like below snap, Can you help me to understand about this? does it check for all the drawing models? I didn't find any difference if  click Y or N

Capture2.JPG 

Here you are trying to run MC on a drawing.

If you accept the value of "N" then only drawing is checked. if you type "Y" and accept then first model is checked and then the drawing is checked.

Then if you use "Y" and run MC then on the report you will see "drw models". when you click on this you will see a list of models and upon clicking on the model name, you will able to see the MC report for that model.

Hope this clears.

@ptc-4779205

I think information shared by @manjunathrv will answer your query. 

It would be great if you can post new queries as new post under System and Administration group. 

When you run ModelCHECK (Interactive Mode) on the drawing, it'll prompt you if you want to run the check on your model.  If you select "yes" it'll run the model in a batch mode and store the result in your ModelCHECK folder.  Check your output folder and you'll see the result there if you select "yes"

Attached is what I have for modelcheck. 

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

@cying

This is pretty old post and possibly you may close this by sharing your inputs or accepting appropriate reply as solution of the post. 

Top Tags