cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

My files are only open up on Creo simulate, but i created them on Creo parametric

fpecout
1-Newbie

My files are only open up on Creo simulate, but i created them on Creo parametric

Hi, i am having a big problem opening my files on Creo parametric. I don't know whether this can be easily solved but i need help ASAP. So i created my files on Creo parametric but the simulate logo appears on virtually all my files which work with PTC Creo. Is there anyway to set Creo parametric as default or at least change my files back to parametric.

IMAGE 3.png

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:fpecout)

This is simply a windows file association error. Uninstall and reinstall Creo parametric and it will probably fix the associations.

The files themselves are just associated by Windows to Creo simulate, it hasn't affected your files. It really isn't a problem though, just don't double click the file to open. Open the file after launching Creo using the file open menu.

Thanks it worked. I have another problem with the graphics, when i zoom in and out there like small gaps in between the extruded item it kind makes me really itchy. please see attatchment:IMG_2859.JPG

Hi,

step 1. >>> test

Add the following options at the end of config.pro file, restart Creo and zoom in and out your model.

graphics win32_gdi

step 2. >>> graphics drivers

If step 1. resolves the problem then you have to install newer graphic driver.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi, I am quite new to creo so i am not sure about how to do step one. can you make this a bit more clear please? Like step by step if you have to.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Search your computer for a file called config.pro (its probably under C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M170\text where Creo 2.0 might be creo 3.0 and M170 will probably be different too)

Open that file with notepad or another text editor

Copy and paste the following at the bottom of that file

graphics win32_gdi

restart Creo

If it solves your graphics problem, you have a graphics card problem.

You may be able to update your graphic card drivers to fix the problem (after updating, remove the graphics win32_gdi from the config.pro and test again)

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Ouch, really itchy!!! Go see your doctor for a cream to solve that problem!!!! LOL

Lol, I tried it but it doesn't work

StephenW
23-Emerald II

That's unfortunate.

Submit a academic support request. They can help.

Academic Case Logger  Academic support request

You may also want to search the community, especially the Academic support forum for other potential fixes.

Academic Support   Academic support forum

Good luck

Top Tags