cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Need help creating springs

Aaronm87
12-Amethyst

Need help creating springs

I am trying to create a spring using mechanism and I looked in the help file and saw that it says to Click Insert > Spring. I am using WF5 and when I click on the insert tab, I only see Cam, gears and belts under this category.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
DavorGranic
14-Alexandrite
(To:Aaronm87)

Aaron,

There should be spring icon on your toolbar.

1.png

That's what I thought, but all I have under the mechanism toolbar is the first and second row of icons, I have nothing in that 3rd row. And there is no spring icon listed under the Insert menu.

We have a mechanism design license, does this have the spring feature?

DavorGranic
14-Alexandrite
(To:Aaronm87)

Seems you have kinematic based Mechanism design licence. No dynamic stuff.

Mechanism design has option for dynamics which includes springs.

There are two aspects...

1. One: you wish to model the spring
  2. Second: You wish to insert a "Spring Body" in the Assembly mechanism.

While the first option can be achieved by Insert -->Helical Protrusion, the second option requires a licence of MDO (Mechanism Dynamics), a spring being a dynamic element.

Top Tags