cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Nested computed measures?

JonathanHodgson
11-Garnet

Nested computed measures?

Can someone just confirm or deny my finding that you can't re-use a computed measure (Mechanica, sorry, Creo Simulate) in another computed measure?  'Simple' measures show up as available components, but not previous computed measures...

Assuming you can't, is there a line continuation character to allow complicated expressions to be split over several lines (or does it just work anyway, as it does in Excel)?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

you need BMX:

simulate-bmx-creo.JPG

Regards

Paul

No, I'm talking about within Simulate.  It appears that I can't calculate an 'interim' variable, then use the result of that calculation to calculate another result - I have to do the whole calculation in one, complicated, expression.

Calculated measures can refer to 'simple' measures but not to other calculated measures within the same analysis, it appears.

Jonathan,

"It appears that I can't calculate an 'interim' variable..."

yes, it is not possible in simulate, but with BMX (extra licence).

measures_relations.jpg

Regards

Paul

Another possible limitation... it also appears that you can't reference a built-in measure in a computed measure!  This is a bit disappointing - it really limits the power of computed measures, if I can only use quantities that I've directly obtained through a 'simple' measure

Jonathan,

You have to duplicate the predefined measure with a user defined measure that does exactly the same thing.

Top Tags