cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Non-uniform Gear's Simmulation

ptc-4326156
1-Newbie

Non-uniform Gear's Simmulation

Dear all

I need your help in gear connection where I had two gears one with pitch diameter of 20 mm & the second is 49 mm when create the mechanism every thing is going OK

The problem that I cut some teeth from the 49 mm one to see the effect on the other gear but unfortunately I couldn't have the simulation for that so please can you tell me how to connect two gears one of them has omitted teeth

I added a picture to explain the problem

I'm using Pro/e wildfire 5.0

thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

This can be handled in a couple of ways.
First you need to limit the rotation of the gears. (if one of the gears continues to rotate a full rotation it will become disconected from the other gear) This can be handled with Mechanism Pin Connection Rotation Axis limit settings in the Pin Connection definition.

Or

You can model a physical stop on the base part that interfers with with gear to limit its motion and add a cam lift off connection. You could also use collision detection to limit the range of motion.

In the motion analysis you will have use a time line that does not allow the gears to go past their allowed motion range that is defined in the pin connection. (sin or ramp)

Hope this helps,

Don A

Thanks,
Don Anderson
No time Like the Present!

Dear Donald

I'm very thankfull for your answer but I think it will not help where the case that I have this in seven layers so the cutted teeth gear will rotation only the one in its layer & it has to continue rotating to move the next layer gear's

I hope I'm clear & I really need the help for this

You may try a Pin Wheel "cam follower connection" if you need to have real time dragging ability. See example below. I don't think what you are wanting to do can be done with a mechanism gear connection.

If you do not need dragging ability you could use pin joints and a table driven mechanism analysis to drive and animate the assembly.

PTC subscription requried to access this link http://www.ptc.com/cs/cs_26/howto/apm11643/apm11643.htm

Hope this helps,

Don A

Thanks,
Don Anderson
No time Like the Present!
Top Tags