cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

PTC CREO SIMULATE THERMAL STEADY

ggarcia
8-Gravel

PTC CREO SIMULATE THERMAL STEADY

Hi all, my name is Gorka Garcia... I work by Integral PLM Experts, Partner PTC Spain

I've a customer that ask me about Thermal Analysis axisymmetric

I've the load input (Vertical Line 45 W/m^2) and output (Horizontal Line -45 W/m^2)

The constraints temperature is 25ºC

The material is water... Then the properties of water for Coef. Poisson and Young Module are similar to Steel ( a small cheat )

surface_water.jpg

The result of Flux (W/m^2) is this.... initial in yellow curve zone and finished in output horizontal line... when should begin in input vertical line and continue to output horizontal line.

results_1.jpg

Also I should get the curves that go from line input to line output... as example this image of customer.

Clipboard01.jpg

Who can you help me?

Thanks.

BR

Gorka Garcia

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8
346gnu
12-Amethyst
(To:ggarcia)

Does this help?

ggarcia
8-Gravel
(To:346gnu)

Hello Mr Charles

Not Exactly, but I believed which direction flux began in yellow corner... now I see that the direction flux is correct.

I need to get the "curves" 2D from input to output. These "2D" curves are to design the 3D model.

Thanks... I hope can you help me.... or other colleagues too.

BR,

Gorka

346gnu
12-Amethyst

Gorka,

Do you mean contours of equal flux?

346gnu
12-Amethyst

Gorka,

I have just re-read you reply. I realise I don't fully understand what you need.

Can you explain more?

ggarcia
8-Gravel

Hello Good Morning Mr Charles and all,

The first Answer that said me is correct, but I don't need arrow,

results_2.jpg

I need the same but with curves...

Curves which initially begin from vertical line Input to horizontal line output

results_2 - curves.jpg

The customer need the curves for improve the model 3D from 2D curves... and the water flow is more homogeneous

Hi all and Mr. Charles

Our customer is working with Creo Parametric... But use "I-deas" for simulation

And with "I-deas" can to get these curves... with an analysis thermal.

Clipboard01.jpg

346gnu
12-Amethyst

Gorka,

I understand. I don't think it's possible. Does anyone else have any thoughts?

You want the temperature 'streamlines'.

Each of these streamlines can start from an arbitrary point on the vertical heat input line. At the vertical heat input line they must be vectors normal to the vertical line.

These streamlines are normal to the iso-temperature contours shown below :

The vector plot and this is as close as we get.

But also, there is no way to output the curves as useful geometry.

It would be possible to write code to look at the results files and create output a table of x-y values for a datum point array to create datum curves.

Have a good weekend

ggarcia
8-Gravel

Hello, Good Morning

The image temperature graph you show me also I needed it.

I also believe that's not possible to get the normal steamlines to iso-temperatures or normal to vertical heat input line.

On this subject:

It would be possible to write code to look at the results files and create output a table of x-y values for a datum point array to create datum curves.

I recognize that about this and create write code... I don't have any skills... This is beyond me.

If there are somebody... good.

Thanks for all,

BR,

Gorka

Top Tags