cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Possible Bug with Results Directory Size reported by Creo Simulate Structure Version P-50-48

SOHS
4-Participant

Possible Bug with Results Directory Size reported by Creo Simulate Structure Version P-50-48

I have a structural model that includes contact analysis.  I noticed a strange behavior in the results directory size reported in the .rpt files.  For instance, in a series of runs where the only parameter changed was the plotting grid, the size reported by Windows 10 Explorer matched reasonably well with size reported in .rpt until the plotting grid hit 7.  Then things diverged wildly.  My initial guess is that at some point individual file sizes (in bytes) are being put into a 32 bit signed integer variable and anything beyond 2^31 rolls over.  This creates error that is then carried forward into the directory size calculations.

Results Directory.PNG

1 REPLY 1
SOHS
4-Participant
(To:SOHS)

Did some more checking and appears that any file in the results directory that are greater than 2^31 bytes do not get added into the directory size listed in the .rpt file.

Top Tags