cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Pressure Load function of coordinates

ronbak
5-Regular Member

Pressure Load function of coordinates

I am doing a hydrostatic analysis and created my equation as a function of height but I wasn't sure what value to put in the Value box.  Is this (1) or is it my max?

Thanks

pressure.PNG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Technically, you can do it any way you want. Creo does the math: local_value = value * function(x,y,z)

Personally I think it is best to make your function a "unit function", and put the max value in the Value box.

That makes it much easier to see if your model is using the desired values.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Technically, you can do it any way you want. Creo does the math: local_value = value * function(x,y,z)

Personally I think it is best to make your function a "unit function", and put the max value in the Value box.

That makes it much easier to see if your model is using the desired values.

If you are not sure, you can verify the load resultant using "Review total load" in the "Loads" drop-down menu. Pressure * projected area = resulting force.

ronbak
5-Regular Member
(To:mlindqvist)

That's what I was looking for.....thanks.  I wish Creo had a default graphical pressure gradient like in Ansys for hydrostatic pressure

I think it does, if you click "preview" in your pressure load definition form. You might have to look into your simulation display settings...

Capture.PNG

And after having exited the load definition dialog:

Capture2.PNG

ronbak
5-Regular Member
(To:mlindqvist)

I guess I like the colored gradient with PSI legendCapture.PNG

gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:ronbak)

Hello Ron,

if your question has been solved by the suggested posts, please take the time to mark one of the assisting posts as Correct Answer (you can only select one).

This will indicate to other users, that this thread has an answer.

Thanks!

Gunter

Top Tags