Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preview area on open file window

Highlighted

Preview area on open file window

I use Creo 2.0; when I open a file in the open file window appear the preview area.

This happens automatically, also if the function in the config.pro file is disabled.

I kindly ask how to proceed to definitively disable this functionality.

Thanks in advance

Andrea

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: Preview area on open file window

You have this setting set to collapsed and its still always showing the preview?

preview+config.png

Highlighted

Yes, it's so. Setting set to collapsed and preview area opened.

Highlighted

Is Creo opening using the desired config.pro file with the correct setting? If so this may work like the graphics toolbar, you may have to close the preview window manually and then save your config.pro setting, before it will take affect.

Highlighted

Dear James,

I tried your suggestion, but after 5/6 times preview appear again on the open file window.fortable,

It's very uncomfortable, because I'm forced to close preview manually every time.

Regards.

Highlighted

I guess its possible that you would have to do that for each file type. So manually close the preview window when opening from a part, an assembly and a drawing. I know the graphics toolbar requries this. If that doesn't work then I'm out of options for you. Of course all of this is just guessing based on experiences I've had with Creo. It might be best to open a ticket with PTC.

Highlighted

Hi Andrea,

Confirm that file_open_preview_default = collapsed is not being overwritten by another config.pro file of greater priority. You can verify this by selecting "current session" from the Display Filters dropdown in the Configuration Editor. If the option is still set to "collapsed" in the options list then I would advise you to open a technical support case with PTC as James suggested.

Highlighted

Hi Clint,

I verified settings of current section (menu File - Options - Configuration Editor) and file_open_preview_default is always set as collapsed.

I think I'll open a ticket with PTC.

Many thanks.

Highlighted

I'm have the same issue with some of my systems. but it comes and goes.

Announcements