cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Preview area on open file window

ptc-2859731
1-Newbie

Preview area on open file window

I use Creo 2.0; when I open a file in the open file window appear the preview area.

This happens automatically, also if the function in the config.pro file is disabled.

I kindly ask how to proceed to definitively disable this functionality.

Thanks in advance

Andrea

13 REPLIES 13

You have this setting set to collapsed and its still always showing the preview?

preview+config.png

Yes, it's so. Setting set to collapsed and preview area opened.

Is Creo opening using the desired config.pro file with the correct setting? If so this may work like the graphics toolbar, you may have to close the preview window manually and then save your config.pro setting, before it will take affect.

Dear James,

I tried your suggestion, but after 5/6 times preview appear again on the open file window.fortable,

It's very uncomfortable, because I'm forced to close preview manually every time.

Regards.

I guess its possible that you would have to do that for each file type. So manually close the preview window when opening from a part, an assembly and a drawing. I know the graphics toolbar requries this. If that doesn't work then I'm out of options for you. Of course all of this is just guessing based on experiences I've had with Creo. It might be best to open a ticket with PTC.

Hi Andrea,

Confirm that file_open_preview_default = collapsed is not being overwritten by another config.pro file of greater priority. You can verify this by selecting "current session" from the Display Filters dropdown in the Configuration Editor. If the option is still set to "collapsed" in the options list then I would advise you to open a technical support case with PTC as James suggested.

Hi Clint,

I verified settings of current section (menu File - Options - Configuration Editor) and file_open_preview_default is always set as collapsed.

I think I'll open a ticket with PTC.

Many thanks.

hnielsen
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-2859731)

I'm have the same issue with some of my systems. but it comes and goes.

bmancini
13-Aquamarine
(To:ptc-2859731)

Hi, it also happens to me on both Creo2 and Creo 8 ... Although I have set "file_open_preview_default collapsed" after a while it reappears ...
A few days ago, I noticed a link with the popup preview in the model tree.
In my config I have "display_popup_viewer yes", try to ferify too.
1- I close the preview in the open window for the umpteenth time.
2- Until I see a model preview popup in the model tree, the preview in the open window does not appear again, if I display a preview popup in the tree, the preview reappears in the open window ...
It's amazing that we haven't corrected this in all these years.

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:bmancini)

The same things happens here.  Paying attention to what is causing it, I have learned how to avoid it.  Hovering the mouse over a file icon in the open window will pop up the preview of that file.  If I open that file after the pop up appears, the preview will be open the next time I use Open.  If I move off the icon and let the preview close, then select the file and open it the preview will not be open the next time.  Creo seems to assume that we want to start using the preview window if we use the preview popup to select a file to open.  This assumption is wrong for most of us.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:kdirth)

So that's why that happens!!!!  Someone should open a case with PTC showing this.  It drives me nuts too but I never realized what was causing it.

bmancini
13-Aquamarine
(To:TomU)

I made a request as a future idea, look at this link, if you like it, I ask you to rate it!
https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Parametric-Ideas/FILE-OPEN-PREVIEW-DEFAULT-COLLAPSED-Does-not-work-well/idi-p/752366#M14719
Thanks

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:bmancini)

Didn't know about display_popup_viewer.  I have it set at the default setting of file_open_only.  I was a bit confused about "popup in the model tree" until I set it to yes and started seeing popup thumbnails in the model tree.  And viewing one popup thumbnail in the model tree turns on the preview in the open dialog.  I will be changing it back to the default setting.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Top Tags