Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro/E - Laptop and sleep mode

Pro/E - Laptop and sleep mode

Hi everyone,

I'm running Pro/E wildfire 4 on my laptop which is running Windows 7. I'm having the problem where if I leave Pro/E open before I put the computer to sleep, upon waking up the computer the Pro/Engineer warning message pops up saying "Unsaved data may have been lost". Everytime I put my computer to sleep and wake it up, an additional pop up appears. If I have more than 2 warning messages, I can't click ok on any of them and I have to force quit Pro/E

I attached a screen shot to this thread.

Does anyone know a solution for this?

Thanks

19 REPLIES 19

Re: Pro/E - Laptop and sleep mode

bump

Yes, I think it's always done this, and it drives me mad.

Please PTC fix this or somebody post a workaround.

Bump, Anyone know a solution?

Ruben,

I don't know what you are using for licensing. If it is a remote server, or a local license, but it has to do with Pro/E losing it's connection to the license. If it is a local license, have you tired to adjust the power settings in your Bios to not turn off the Ethernet adapter on your PC. Yes it will take more power from your battery, but you might not get those messages anymore.

David

Well it's been a long time and I've upgraded to Creo 5.0 student edition and I'm experiencing the same problem. My license is local and my ethernet port is always enabled. Will this ever get fixed?

Ruben,

if your license file contains SERVER line and DAEMON line, then your license is floating (you must install FLEXnet to manage the license). In this case ProE is checking the accessibility of license every minute. If you put the laptop in sleep mode, then ProE is unable to contact FLEXnet for more than one minute and you will receive the warning. I think you have to exit ProE before you put the laptop in sleep mode.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

I have the same issue on my non-portable workstation. The computer goes to sleep: everything is fine. I wake it up, everthing is fine IF I go and click ok on that stupid warning box before it goes to sleep again. If I do not, as is the case when my PC wakes up at 4 AM to do a scheduled backup, then goes back to sleep, I end up with 2 stacked warning boxes and I have to kill pro E losing any unsaved work and the time it takes to restart and re-open all of the work I had in progress. It is beyond irony that this warning box telling me that I "may have lost data" is actually ensuring that I do lose data. If you would just give us an option to disable that non-helpful warning, we could save the planet by letting our PC go to sleep and wake up WITHOUT closing the program and restarting it. Occasionally one walks away from ones desk for a bathroom break and then gets interupted long enough that the pc goes to sleep before their return. When doing some complicated work in a large assembly with multiple windows open, its does take a while to quit the program and get back to where you were. So for the sake of mother earth and for my electric bill, please give us the option to turn off that totally useless warning message so that pro E will have the same functionality as pretty much every other windows program!!!!!

Yes, this is definately the silliest "feature" I have ever seen. You are much more likely to loose work with this.

Occasionally I catch it early where I can click a few of these boxes and get back, but most of the time there is an endless supply of them and I have to kill the program.

I usually run my laptop with a checked out license, so licensing should not be the issue.

I called tech support and they told me to use this setting, but it does not fix it.

suppress_license_loss_dialog YES

I was hoping CREO would fix it but no luck.

I think we need to try suppres_data_loss_dialog YES

I just made that up but perhaps its one of those undocumented easter eggs..

If not, maybe the developers will kindly add that opttion to suppress that totally useless dialog box that actually causes us to lose data and prevents the program from allowing normal suspend and resume events

Licenses should never hinder productivity!

I have a similar question up regarding license management issues (didn't find this post) where my license is getting locked when all seems normal and I put the computer to sleep. At the moment, it requires a reboot. This is a productivity hit when a simple "release license" batch file will solve it. This should be linked directly to the license error dialog so a user can easily get on their way. There is a simple command line for this but by default it is disabled. I know you wouldn't want to be taking other people's licenses when they are in use, but when the enterprise only has one license, and you are the only operator, an option should be available to just keep working. Doesn't FLEXLM detect system states and make reasonable assumptions about the current usage?