cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Publish geometry & copy geometry

ssureshkar
1-Newbie

Publish geometry & copy geometry

Hi, I am creating a top down design with skeleton models. I have created the skeleton and i have published the all the geometry references. Now in another part i want to copy certain geometries, but by default WF4 copies all the geometries which are published, can i able to select the particular refernces alone which are required to that part

Another doubt is i am not able to select the sketched datum points while publishing the references, it gives me the warning message as "You are allowed to select on target part only"

can somebody help me on this.

Thanks

Suresh

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Suresh...

When you create a Publish feature, you're pre-selecting all the references and gathering them up inside that feature. Later when you're copying geometry, you just pick up the entire Publish feature and everything comes along automatically. Inside the Copy Geometry dashboard, there's a button (already selected by default) that only allows you to choose publish features. If there are ADDITIONAL references, you need to turn off that option before Wildfire will let you pick those references. I don't have WF4 installed anymore or I'd take a screen shot for you.

Look for a little "bullseye" target button on the dashboard. Hover over it and you'll be able to find it and deselect the publish geometry button.

Also... dependinf upon how you're copying your references, you may receive the error about the target part. For example, using a Copy Geometry feature, you must stay within the target part you're working on. If the datum points are contained within another model, you won't be able to select them. Each copy geometry feature can only reference geometry from one part. However, a Shrinkwrap feature can collect references from multiple parts. There are tradeoffs to each method because Shrinkwrap brings it's own idiosyncrasies that may or may not be desirable depending upon your situation.

I know that's a bit thin... but maybe it helps? If you're still stuck, please write back. I know we have several top-down design experts here.

Thanks!

-Brian

Brian,

I created a shrinkwrap to capture multiple features from different parts, as you described and it seems to have worked, but on the part that copied the geometry, I can't view the shirnkwrap. I see it in the model tree, but the geometry is not visible.

Is this one of the idiosyncrasies that you are referring to? Any suggestions?

Chris

Top Tags