cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Pulley Belt Mechanism

maziz
1-Newbie

Pulley Belt Mechanism

How to apply a belt mechanism between two pulleys, where the first pulley is to be FREELY ROTATED around the shaft and the second pulley to be rotated WITH the shaft.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
mganzer
1-Newbie
(To:maziz)

You have to create this using the belt functionality in Mechanism mode. With the two pulley free to move as pin joints go into the belts command.

11-2-2015 9-56-02 AM.png

Pick on the two surfaces of the pulleys. Hold CRTL down to pick second surface.

11-2-2015 10-32-59 AM.png

When you drag either pulley the second goes along based on ration of pulleys.

11-2-2015 10-33-23 AM.png

maziz
1-Newbie
(To:mganzer)

Mark Ganzer Hi, thank you for your reply, but I already know how to create a belt, I am looking forward to have a series of pulleys creating a belt train. The problem that I face while creating it is that when I rotate the first pulley the second and the third pulleys rotate as intended, but so are the links they are connected on which is not correct for my situation, as my desire is that the pulleys are kept lose (placed on a bearing) on these links.

I hope my explanation was clear, please do contact me it you require any further explanation, Thank you in advance.

mganzer
1-Newbie

Sounds like the issue is going to be with your mechanism joints. If the pulleys are tied to the links (or more likely the link is assembled fixed relative to the pulley/shaft) they'll move together. You have to have your joints (pulley vs. link) set up so they are independent of each other. Perhaps tied to a neutral model such as the frame that supports them all.

maziz
1-Newbie
(To:mganzer)

Mark Ganzer‌ Hi again, I have tried to use many different kind of constrains and non of them appeared to work properly, so I would be really grateful if you can help me by assigning the constrains for me. below is a dropbox link containing all my draft creo part, if you can help me reassemble them with the correct constrain I would be very thankful

https://www.dropbox.com/home/3%20Links%20Creo%20Files

mganzer
1-Newbie

Hi Mina,

We cannot download file here due to security. If you post some images perhaps I can make some suggestions.

Mark

Top Tags